Order 16878

Late? Damaged? Other problem? Be sure to include your order number or full name.
jeanyves

Order 16878

Post by jeanyves » Sep 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi Gary,

On 4th September my order got shipped from China to Germany (standard air mail), and I wonder how long it generally takes from your experience to arrive? When I placed the order last month, the estimated arrival time was 19th September.
Just want to know if I should start worrying or not. Also, crossing my fingers it arrives by 29th Sept for my parents wedding anniversary...

Thanks and regards,
Jean Yves

Gary
The Boss

Re: Order 16878

Post by Gary » Sep 26, 2013 9:22 pm

In-stock items (ones I have in the USA) generally take 2 weeks to Germany. The German post is very efficient.

Custom artwork usually takes 4-5 weeks (allowing for it to be custom made by hand, and then delivered via air mail from China).

In the case of your last order, we were a little late. This was because of the summer heatwave in Beijing. It was the hottest summer in 170 years. I did not want my workers fainting from the heat, so we only worked a few hours in the evenings. This put us at about 25% of normal capacity at the workshop. Thus, we got behind on a lot of custom calligraphy. The fact that we also had rolling electricity blackouts (one of them lasted 3 days) also hurt the schedule.

As far as the September 4th ship date... That's actually the date we printed the shipping label, but I think that was also the date we started a 3-day blackout where even the post office was closed. It probably was registered into the postal system on the 7th or so. Usually, the date we print a label is also the date we ship (thus it updates the order to show that as the ship date). This was an exception to that rule.

It might have also been delayed getting out of China with the backlog they had at the post office. I'm sure it's in Germany now, and Germans never lose anything, so it will arrive shortly.

jeanyves

Re: Order 16878

Post by jeanyves » Sep 30, 2013 12:18 am

What a luck! the package arrived on 27th September, in perfect condition. Thanks so much again for your great service!