Order Number 16266

Late? Damaged? Other problem? Be sure to include your order number or full name.
bazweb

Order Number 16266

Post by bazweb » Mar 17, 2013 4:15 am

Ordered a scroll in January 2013 20-21st.
What is the status of this order? (Order ID 16266).
Many thanks,
Barry.

Gary
The Boss

Re: Order Number 16266

Post by Gary » Mar 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I may have presumed incorrectly that you'd read all the notices on the website and understood the situation with calligrapher vacations and Chinese national holidays.

Your order hit the "trifecta" of delays.

The Japanese calligrapher left for vacation the day you placed the order. She returned on February 10th, which happens to be the same day our workshop shut down 'til the end of the month of February for the Chinese New Years holiday.

It's the first time in 10 years of business that this has happened.

Your artwork entered the queue at the workshop on March 1st. I presume it's been finished and dispatched, but I told my staff in Beijing to worry more about getting as many orders as possible finished and dispatched, rather than keeping me informed with tracking numbers and status updates (which means we can get about 10% more done).

I'll probably have a tracking number for you in a few days (as they get caught up in Beijing). But chances are, about the same time I get that tracking number, your package will have arrived via EMS in Australia.

Sorry for the delay and any confusion. It's not exactly the easiest situation to explain in a two-sentence notice on my website.

Yours,
-Gary.

bazweb

Re: Order Number 16266

Post by bazweb » Mar 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Gary,
Thanks for the quick, explanatory reply to my order query.
All is well.
Cheers,
Barry.