Order 15167

Late? Damaged? Other problem? Be sure to include your order number or full name.
elliottownsend

Order 15167

Post by elliottownsend » Mar 28, 2012 3:07 am

Hi Gary,

Did you receive my email below?

Many Thanks
ET

On 26 March 2012 08:41, Elliot Townsend <elliottownsend@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gary,

Apologies, I still want black ink but would prefer it if the characters were to trail off such as this picture (http://a.ooi1.com/asian-art/jpscroll.jpg); I am guessing that this is called dry-brush style.
Does that still not make any sense? As I am finding it a hard to explain.

Thank you for the quick reply, very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Elliot

On 26 March 2012 05:59, Gary of Oriental Outpost <gary@orientaloutpost.com> wrote:
I think the master calligrapher can do that for you.

The concern I have is the desire to have individually-identifiable strokes by using weaker ink.

So, if I understand this correctly, you want the ink to be light (a dark shade of gray) so that you can see the overlap of character (which will be the only black parts) so that you can see the outline of those overlaps?

I want to make sure, as I once send a piece of calligraphy back for looking like that (most people want dark black ink for their calligraphy, even when using dry-brush-style strokes).

Cheers,
-Gary.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Elliot Townsend <elliottownsend@gmail.com> wrote:
I forgot to mention, is it possible for the artist to try and put an Ensō at the end of it please :)

Many Thanks

Elliot

Gary
The Boss

Re: Order 15167

Post by Gary » Mar 28, 2012 6:56 am

Sorry Elliot,

My email gets really full of spam, so I weed out the good emails from the spam every couple of days. I hate having a public email address.

I'll tell the calligrapher that you want that style of characters. I guess that's a special version of her sosho (chaos cursive), but the strokes are still identifiable (which they often aren't in real sosho).

Cheers,
-Gary.