Heart Sutra

Other Chinese or Japanese calligraphy issues that does not seem to fit any of the categories above.
Awakeed Heart

Heart Sutra

Post by Awakeed Heart » Sep 24, 2011 1:17 pm

It would be nice to have a wall scroll with the complete Heart Sutra to hang in a meditation space for those of us who are practicing Buddhists!

Cat
Professional Chinese Translator

Post by Cat » Sep 26, 2011 11:52 am

Here is the complete Heart Sutra in Mandarin Chinese:

般若波罗蜜多心经

观自在菩萨 行深般若波罗蜜多时 照见五蕴皆空 度一切苦厄 舍利子 色不异空 空不异色 色即是空 空即是色 受想行识亦复如是 舍利子‧是诸法空相 不生不灭 不垢不净 不增不减 是故空中无色 无受想行识 无眼耳鼻舌身意 无色声香味触法 无眼界乃至无意识界 无无明 亦无无明尽 乃至无老死 亦无老死尽 无苦集滅道 无智亦无得 以无所得故 菩提萨埵 依般若波罗蜜多故 心无罣碍 无罣碍故 无有恐怖 远离颠倒梦想 究竟涅盘 三世诸佛 依般若波罗蜜多故 得阿耨多罗三藐三菩提 故知般若波罗蜜多 是大神咒 是大明咒 是无上咒 是无等等咒 能除一切苦 真实不虚 故说般若波罗蜜多咒‧即说咒曰‧揭谛‧揭谛‧波罗揭谛‧波罗僧揭谛‧菩提萨婆诃

There are total 275 characters (include the title).

If you really want to have the whole Sutra in a wall scroll, Gary will guide you to the link of how to order it.

-Cat.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Sep 26, 2011 11:17 pm

This quantity of characters is really overwhelming. The website system that I wrote was never designed to handle this many characters, so it will be a little slow, and the mockup of your wall scroll as you order it will not be accurate (colors will be OK, but character layout will be a little off).

You can order the whole thing here:
Heart Sutra

I spent some time researching and adding new titles today. Here's the three new ones:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/shufa.php?q=heart+sutra

Don't order the full Heart Sutra from there, as the character info will be truncated (too many characters that go beyond the limits of the HTML form apparently). I'm working on solving that issue.

-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

We're working on your order. In fact, the calligraphy is done, and the wall scroll has been built, so this will be shipped soon.

Please note that in the future, the full 270-character Heart Sutra will cost more. The calligrapher is charging about $30 extra for this because of the staggering number of characters. The risk is high for the calligrapher, as it will take a long time to make this, but one errant stroke or ink drip, and all would be lost (and a restart on a fresh piece of paper would be in order).

Yours is going through for the price noted on your order. I just don't want you to be surprised if you or a friend orders this later and the price is higher. I need to go work on coding in the new price structure on my website (I think I stopped at 11+ characters as my catch all).

-Gary.