Powerful Enough to Uproot Mountains

Other Chinese or Japanese calligraphy issues that does not seem to fit any of the categories above.
Reezy

Powerful Enough to Uproot Mountains

Post by Reezy » Jun 9, 2013 10:12 pm

A friend of mine wants to get a tattoo of the Korean saying "Powerful enough to uproot mountains". It is a saying well known by Taekwon-Do practitioners and has a calligraphy that accompanies the saying, but my friend is concerned that the last character resembles a sexual organ, if you will. I was wondering if there was a way of changing the look of the characters while keeping the same meaning. Or at least make it look less suggestive while keeping the integrity of the original calligraphy.
Attachments
Powerful Enough to Uproot Mountains.jpg
This is the calligraphy found in the Taekwon-Do encyclopedia
Powerful Enough to Uproot Mountains.jpg (18.84 KiB) Viewed 6364 times

Gary
The Boss

Re: Powerful Enough to Uproot Mountains

Post by Gary » Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

There's a lot of ways to write that mountain character:
山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山 山

I offer tattoo templates that will include all 3 characters in all of these styles (but high-resolution). You can order here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/chinese- ... ervice.php
I'll count this as 3 words for the purposes of pricing the service. So $30 total.

-Gary.