Brushwork/Calligraphy required

Other Chinese or Japanese calligraphy issues that does not seem to fit any of the categories above.
kimeng

Brushwork/Calligraphy required

Post by kimeng » Apr 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help me. I am getting my Chinese name tattooed in a couple of weeks and would like to check the brushwork beforehand.
I am half Chinese (my mother is Chinese Malay) and my Grandfather gave me this name when I was about 11 or 12. I have attached a picture showing the symbols but they are hand written by my Aunt in pen rather than written by brush.

The name is Kim Eng (Ch'ng ing) and means Golden Eagle. The bottom pair of symbols are the ones I require (girls verion of the name).

Could you possibly provide pictures of the brushwork required? I would be willing to pay if needs be.

Thank you for your time.

Tracey
Attachments
Kim Eng.JPG
Kim Eng.JPG (103.66 KiB) Viewed 6614 times

Gary
The Boss

Re: Brushwork/Calligraphy required

Post by Gary » Apr 15, 2013 7:23 am

OK, that's 金瑛 (Jin Ying in Mandarin / Hanyu-Pinyin).

I can build tattoo templates like this sample for your characters:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/bushido-tattoo.php
...for a fee of $25 for your two words.

If you play around with the template sample, you can see you just click a button to get a ready-to-print larger template page in the style of your choice. There's over 100 styles, so surely there's one you'll like for your tattoo.

You can order here http://www.orientaloutpost.com/chinese- ... ervice.php

Cheers,
-Gary.

kimeng

Post by kimeng » Apr 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Thank you for your help. One other question, I plan on getting these symbols one above the other in the back of my neck. Do the symbols on their own mean anything different? Just worried if I were to wear a high neck top, would people get offended?!
Also, I've had a look at ordering and I don't seem to be able to pick a style, just the words and language. How do I do this please?

Kind regards,

Tracey

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Apr 19, 2013 4:23 pm

The first character means "gold" (as in the metal element that jewelry is made from). In some context, this can mean "metal", especially when one talks about the five elements in the Chinese long-term calendar and zodiac.

The second character can mean crystal or lustrous. So the whole name is basically saying, "shiny gold", or "lustrous gold".

-Gary.